Hamilton, Ontario was incorporated in 1847. Edward Jackson purchased property in the future city beginning in 1839. In May 1854 Jackson sold his property to Donald McInnes who later mortgaged the property. By 1859 he had sold the property to the firm of George Peabody and Co.
This collection consists of an abstract probably prepared in 1860 giving detailed information on the purchase, sale, and mortgaging of properties between King and Mountain (now John) Streets between 1839 and 1859; four indentures concerning Donald McInnes and his property; a broadside for part of a plan of the Beulah neighbourhood.