Title and statement of responsibility area
Friends of McMaster fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
1.44 m of textual records and graphic material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
Friends of McMaster was incorporated in New York state on March 4, 1953, and formally organized into an incorporation on November 19, 1955. The object of the organization was: “To solicit and collect funds and contributions and to receive by gift, deed, legacy, bequest or devise, and otherwise to acquire money an property of every kind and description, and to administer the same, both as to principal and income exclusively towards the charitable, scientific, educational, literary and/or religious activities carried on by McMaster University, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the specific provision of scholarships to enable students from the United States of America to enter McMaster University, and to enable Canadian students to undertake post-graduate studies in the United States, and to expend, use, or otherwise dispose of such principal and income for the furtherance of the above-mentioned charitable, scientific, educational, literary and/or religious activities of McMaster University in such fashion as that body may prescribe and determine.”
The organization was originally headed by Dr. Wallace P. Cohoe of the Bank of Nova Scotia, New York. Directors were elected by and from among the New York district of McMaster Alumni. Other presidents include W. Alec Jordan and Gordon W. McKinley. Dr. Harry Lyman Hooker was a prominent benefactor to the Friends of McMaster. The organization mainly held their accounts at C.I.B.C. and Chemical Bank, both in New York.
Bereik en inhoud
The fonds consists primarily of the correspondence and minutes of the association, as well as additional records.
Directe bron van verwerving
The date of acquisition for the first accrual is unknown.
There has been one accrual which has been arranged as follows: correspondence, minutes of meetings, miscellaneous documents. Correspondence relating to specific people (H. Lyman Hooker, H.N. Stephens, Sidney E. Garber, B.G. Galef) is located in Box 1. Boxes 1, 2, and 3 contain the general correspondence of the Friends of McMaster from 1952-1978. The minutes of meetings can be found in Boxes 3 and 4. Boxes 4 through 9 house miscellaneous documents arranged into folders, such as bank statements, receipts, expenses, equipment, as well as some additional correspondence. Box 9 photograph proof sheets of an Alumni meeting in 1972.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
There are no access restrictions.
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Further accruals not expected.
Standard number area
Genre access points
Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord