Bargain and sale by John Jones of Niagara [Niagara-on-the-Lake] in Lincoln in the province of Upper Canada, tailor, and Jane, his wife, to Phinihas Howell of Niagara, carpenter, of a tract of land, with all buildings on it, on the north-eastern part of Lot 30 in the town of Niagara for £294. Jones had the land by letters patent, dated 16 Nov. 1804 (registered 7 Dec. 1804 in Book R, fol. 351). Boundaries of the property include Prideaux Street and the house of Elizabeth Thompson. Among the conditions of sale, for ten shillings, Jane Jones agreed to quitclaim her right to her dower. Dated at Niagara, 29 Jan. 1806. Signed and sealed by John Jones, Jane Jones, and Phinihas Howell. Witnesses, A[lexander] Cameron and J. Macdonell.
Subscribed receipt for £294, signed by John Jones, witnessed by A[lexander] Cameron and J. Macdonell.
Endorsed memorandum of release of dower rights, signed by Robert Thorpe, justice of the King's bench for Upper Canada, dated near Niagara, 2 Aug. 1806.
Endorsed memorandum of enrollment in the register, dated 15 Sept. 1806, in Book C, fol. 294, signed by Ralph Clench, deputy registrar of the county of Lincoln.
Indenture. Three red wax seals, cracked and without impressions.
Jones, John and Jane