Home

Fonds RC0064 - United Glass and Ceramic Workers of North America (Canada)

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

United Glass and Ceramic Workers of North America (Canada)

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

RC0064

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1954-1978 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

7.6 m of textual records and graphic material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

United Glass and Ceramic Workers of North America (1934-)

Administrative history

The Federation of Glass, Ceramic and Silica Sand Workers, an organization which emerged from the Federation of Flat Glass Workers of America, was originally formed in 1934 and came to Canada in 1954. Canadian glass workers were organized under District 6 Headquarters in Hamilton, Ont., under the direction of Oliver Hodges. In 1954 the name of the union was changed to the United Glass and Ceramic Workers of North America.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds contains correspondence between District Six Headquarters in Hamilton, which moved to Toronto in 1966, and the various Canadian location unions, general correspondence, photographs, and material from conventions, conferences, referenda, elections, and seminars.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Fonds was acquired in March 1980 from the United Glass and Ceramic Workers of America.

Arrangement

The fonds is arranged into three main series, called sections. Section I consists of correspondence between District Six Headquarters in Hamilton, which moved to Toronto in 1966, and the various Canadian location unions. It is arranged by locals, then chronologically. Section II consists of general correspondence. There is one file folder of photographs. Section III consists of conventions, conferences, referenda, elections, and seminars.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no access restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are not expected.

Other notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Control area

Description record identifier

RC0064

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places