Home

Item RC0850 - Hannah Street Methodist Church Hamilton (Ont.)

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hannah Street Methodist Church Hamilton (Ont.)

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

RC0850

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 29 June 1893 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 items.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Hannah Street Methodist Church Hamilton (Ont.) ([1892?]-)

Administrative history

The Hannah Street Methodist Church is believed to have been founded in 1892. It was later sold in 1929 and became a Baptist Church, then again in 1949 and became First Christian Reformed. First Christian renovated the building in 1953. It is located at 180 Charlton St. W. The original name of Charlton St. was Hannah.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The two items are contained in leather covers with the name “Rev. Hugh S. Dougall, B.A.” in gold letters on the front cover. Inside is a water-colour of Hannah St. Methodist Church in Hamilton as well as a letter of thanks for Dougall’s service as pastor at the church. The letter is from the Quarterly and Trustee Boards and written by calligrapher. It is signed for the Boards by both the secretary-treasurer and the chairman.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The items (48-2011) were acquired from Morris Norman in 2011.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

A scrapbook of clippings is available at the Hamilton Public Library about the Hannah St. Methodist Church.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no access restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are not expected.

Other notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Control area

Description record identifier

RC0850

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area