Title and statement of responsibility area
Hamilton Club fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
7.5 m of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Hamilton Club (Hamilton, Ont.) (1872-)
The Hamilton Club was founded in 1872 to provide a gentleman's club in the city of Hamilton, Ontario. It has been located for its entire history at the corner of Main Street East and James Street South. The first chairman of the Club was Isaac Buchanan. Women were first admitted to the Club in 1960.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Ownership of the fonds is retained by the Hamilton Club which deposited the fonds in May 1985.
The fonds is arranged in the following series: financial, administration, membership and correspondence.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Permission of the manager of the Hamilton Club must be obtained in order to gain access to any material less than one hundred years old at the time access is sought.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Hamilton Club (Hamilton, Ont.) (Creator)
Description record identifier