Home

Item MS001 - George Arnet manuscript

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

George Arnet manuscript

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

MS001

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1732-1742 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 items bound together

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Arnet, George ([16--]-1750)

Biographical history

George Arnet was appointed as the vicar of The Cathedral Church of All Saints, Northgate, Wakefield , West Yorkshire on 12 May 1729. He resigned from that post in October 1750 and died in December that year. Arnet became a deacon in 1702, first serving at Dorrington, and then as vicar at Holbeach from 1711 to 1729. He left Lincolnshire for Wakefield and while serving at All Saints was also the rector at Wheldrake parish and the domestic chaplain of the Lord Archbishop of York.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of a bound manuscript containing a sermon Arnet preached titled "A sermon, preach'd at Wakefield, at the visitation held there, by the Reverend Mr. Hayter, Archdeacon of York June, 30, 1732". The pages are numbered [1], 2-56. It is bound together with a letter to Philip Fruchard by Arnet, 12 July 1742, 2 p., introducing the sermon and making note of their friendship. Mr. Fruchard was a London merchant.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Fonds was acquired from Barry Brown, an Irish book collector, in the late 1960s. As noted on the inside cover of the manuscript, it was once owned by P. Nouaille of St. Johns Sevenoaks.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no access restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are not expected.

Other notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Control area

Description record identifier

MS001

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places